emergency-if message

Subject: Groups - Draft-12-21-10-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc (Draft-12-21-10-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc) uploaded

Please review these minutes from the IF subcommittee meeting of Dec. 21,
2010 for approval at our next meeting on Jan 4, 2011, subject to any
specified changes. Thanks to all for the great work through this calendar
and Happy Holidays!

 -- Jeff Waters

The document named Draft-12-21-10-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc
(Draft-12-21-10-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc) has been submitted by Jeff
Waters to the EM Infrastructure Framework SC document repository.

Document Description:
Since the Infrastructure Framework Subcommittee has completed its review of
edits for the DE 2.0 issues list, and has a draft schema (including
Jacob-inspired reorganization to make components independently reusable,
gml-compliant targetArea, xlink for linking content objects, more
ValueListURI usage) , it's time to review our remaining tasking and get a
sense of level of effort and schedule.  Also we can summarize activity in
the RIM for process feedback.   At todays meeting, the group reviewed the
recent common types process/folders and also the remaining tasks for
completion of the DE 2.0

1. TOPIC: Do we have a process for submitting Common Types and do IF
members have any feedback?  (Answer: Yes, and the consensus of the IF
members is that the initial concepts sound good, but issues like
versioning, conflict resolution, etc. will need to be explored as we
proceed. The RIM is proposing a process to capture common types for reuse
among the subcommittees. The proposed process begins with (1) subcommittees
recommending submissions for common types by posting sample schema to the
RIM "Candidate Common Types" folder. And any explanatory
material, including zip files of subschema with examples, would be posted
to the "Common Types" folder, so that (2) everyone can do testing
and exploration to ensure the candidate schema meets their needs. Then (3)
assuming testing is successful, the RIM would fold the schema into either
one large spec or multiple smaller specs, depending on which is best.  The
goal in developing the RIM process is to balance the need to capture and
share the common types, with the need to have a light, agile process so as
to not slow down the work, and to utilize the expertise, staffing, and
context for developing these common types which exists in the
subcommittees. )

2.  TOPIC: What are the remaining tasks for generating the DE 2.0 spec?
(Answer: The next step is for Jeff to request the new OASIS template from
Mary and pour the current draft specification into that format. The
remaining tasks are then: (1) Finish draft spec; (2) Create more examples;
(3) Create explanatory white paper; (4) Finish useful zip file. The current
version of the zip file with initial examples is here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-if/download.php/40578/DE_2.0_schema_ver3.0_HAVE_Examples.zip.
 We may be able to divvy this out and work the tasks in parallel, but for
now, consensus is that we should continue to work this sequentially as a
group. Once we have a draft spec in the new template and after we review
the template and schema to see if there are any remaining controversial
issues that we need to decide as a group, then we'll be ready to split up
duties.)

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=40635

Download Document: