emergency-if message

Subject: Groups - DRAFT-06-21-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc (DRAFT-06-21-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc) uploaded

Please review these minutes from the June 21st, 2011 meeting of the
Infrastructure Framework Subcommittee for approval at our next meeting,
subject to any specified changes. Thanks.

 -- Jeff Waters

The document named DRAFT-06-21-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc
(DRAFT-06-21-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc) has been submitted by Jeff
Waters to the EM Infrastructure Framework SC document repository.

Document Description:
This document contains the minutes for the Infrastructure Framework
Subcommittee meeting of June 21st, 2011. At this meeting, the members
discussed the following topics:

1. TOPIC: What is the status of the common components and should we be
waiting for those before proceeding with DE documentation?  (Answer: OASIS
staff should have common types and CIQ profile approved within a week or
two, and the EM TC still needs to submit the GML Micro when a few technical
details are resolved hopefully this week.  We can proceed with our DE
draft, but problems can result if we proceed too far without the official
versions. )

2. TOPIC: When and how much testing should be done on our specs?  (Answer:
Historically, the amount and extent of testing depends on the resources of
the members in a given committee and OASIS does not formally take on the
testing role; however, the consensus is that testing should be recommended
and defined in a process to include recruiting testers through the Adoption
TC beginning as early as a working draft and schema is available.  Early
testing will focus on whether key features have been adequately implemented
and later testing on robustness and scalability.  )

3.  TOPIC: Do we have a smart routing example that shows the ability to
use the DE to ensure all appropriate people receive messages based on their
roles?  (Answer: Yes, the example utilizes CAMEL, HERMIT and OWL to show
how an externally managed ontology can enable appropriate recipients to be
inferred from a recipientRole value specified in the DE. The sample small
ontology shows that recipients whose roles are semantically similar but
defined differently, for example as TSO Events versus OASIS Incidents, can
all receive the appropriate messages because the ontology defines which
classes and roles are equivalent.)

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=42624

Download Document: