emergency-if message

Subject: Groups - DRAFT-07-19-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc (DRAFT-07-19-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc) uploaded

Please review these minutes from the July 19th, 2011 meeting of the
Infrastructure Framework Subcommittee for approval at our next meeting.
Thanks.

 -- Jeff Waters

The document named DRAFT-07-19-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc
(DRAFT-07-19-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc) has been submitted by Jeff
Waters to the EM Infrastructure Framework SC document repository.

Document Description:
 At this July 19th meeting of the Infrastructure Framework subcommittee,
the member discussion included the following topics:

1.  TOPIC: Is there a solution to the potential confusion caused by the
apparent complexity of some aspects of our work, such as the abstraction
layers in the geographic profile? (Answer: A best practices document may be
a solution; however we need to keep the issue in mind and try to keep
things simple. )

2.  TOPIC: What is the status of the geographic (gsf) profile? (Answer: Lew
and Don are coordinating on a few substantive schema changes, such as the
inclusion of an interior ring, and a few specification editorial changes,
such as what name we give to the profile of which we take ownership.)

3.  TOPIC: How do we, and how should we, handle geographic location by
name? (Answer: CIQ has ways of providing geographic names; however, since
CIQ was designed mainly for uses of describing organizations, the GeoCode
ValueListURI provided in the draft DE 2.0 schema seems to be a useful
solution for allowing users to include their chosen list of geographic
names. Eventually, the GeoCode element might be more appropriately a common
type.)

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=43058

Download Document: