emergency-if message

Subject: Groups - DRAFT-09-13-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc (DRAFT-09-13-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc) uploaded

Please review these minutes from the September 13th, 2011 meeting of the
Emergency Management Infrastructure Framework (IF) Subcommittee for
approval at our next meeting, subject to any specified changes. Thanks.

 -- Jeff Waters

The document named DRAFT-09-13-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc
(DRAFT-09-13-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc) has been submitted by Jeff
Waters to the EM Infrastructure Framework SC document repository.

Document Description:
At the September 13th, 2011 meeting of the Emergency Management
Infrastructure Framework Subcommittee, the members discussed the following
topics:

1. TOPIC: Should we use a checksum or identifier to allow those who
download our schema to ensure the schema are valid?   (Answer: This is a
good suggestion by Martena. After the meeting, Jeff sent an email to the
RIM recommending discussion of this suggestion with a recommendation to go
to the EM TC.)

2. TOPIC: What issues were found when integrating the latest version of the
common components (common types, EDXL CIQ Profile, and EDXL GML
SimpleFeatures) into the DE 2.0 schema and examples?   (Answer: Only a
couple minor issues: (a) the possibility that the common types for
convenience and commonality should contain an element for geopolitical
locations (EDXLGeoPoliticalLocation) which could be referenced like the one
for geo locations (edxl-gsf:EDXLGeoLocation); (b) the potentially confusing
use of the ct: prefix which in some of our schema refers to the CIQ
common types and sometimes the EDXL common types; (c) whether multiple
TargetAreas should be unioned and whether the top TargetArea represents the
preferred area.  The resolution of the TargetArea question was to put in
the comments of our specification that if multiple TargetArea elements are
used, then the top one represents precedence, but if multiple geo locations
exist in one TargetArea element, then those should be unioned. This
provides clarity and flexibility. )

3. TOPIC: Should certainty, urgency and severity be included in the
DE for aiding routing and filtering of messages?   (Answer: The consensus
was to include these elements in the next draft DE 2.0 schema as ValueLists
with defaults. This will allow everyone to have a chance to see how they
would be included and function. Jeff will add these to the draft schema and
the draft specification and upload next Tuesday for review before our next
meeting.)

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=43525

Download Document: