emergency-if message

Subject: Groups - DRAFT-12-06-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc uploaded

Submitter's message
Please review these December 6, 2011 minutes of the Infrastructure Framework Subcommittee for approval at our next meeting, subject to any specified changes. Thanks
-- Jeff Waters
Document Name: DRAFT-12-06-11-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc

Description
At the December 6, 2011 meeting of the Infrastructure Framework
Subcommittee, the members discussed the following topics:

1. TOPIC: Is the DE 2.0 draft close to public review? (Answer: Yes. Chet
advised that the public review should go out by Thursday. This is very
good news and thanks so much to Chet and the OASIS staff for this excellent
support and progress.)

2. TOPIC: How best should we handle aggregating, discussing and making
changes to the working draft? (Answer: The previous process was to note
the issues, discuss them and resolve on the telecons, then have one master
editor merge the changes and generate the new working draft. It is assumed
that we can't make changes to the version accessible to the public as part
of the public review. It would be ideal if we had a document management
system that allowed multiple people to collaborate on one draft, but that
isn't an option at the moment.)

3. TOPIC: How best should we use JIRA to track issues in support of the
public review? (Answer: Chet attended today's meeting and began a
walk-through of best practices for how to use JIRA to track issues. Chet
will arrange a webex for a more detailed walk-through. For example, the
OASIS Energy Interoperation TC was cited
(http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/ENERGYINTEROP?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aopenissues-panel)
as an example of tying issues to specification components and enabling
effective filtering by practices such as (a) creating JIRA components for
each major part of a specification (e.g. schema, specification, note,
etc.); (b) using the Environment field to specify the name of the person
who originally made the comment; and (c) specifying the working draft
version impacted.)