emergency-if message

Subject: Groups - DRAFT-01-03-12-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc uploaded

Submitter's message
Please review these minutes from the January 3rd, 2012 meeting of the IF subcommittee for approval at our upcoming meeting, subject to any specified changes. Thanks.
-- Jeff Waters
Document Name: DRAFT-01-03-12-Minutes-IF-Subcommittee.doc

Description
At the January 3rd, 2012 meeting of the Infrastructure Framework
Subcommittee, the members discussed the following topics:

1. TOPIC: Do we have a draft document providing a simplified overview of
the DE 2.0? (Answer: Yes. Jeff uploaded a draft document for subcommittee
review entitled ?The Distribution Element 2.0: The Basic Steps to Package
and Address Your Emergency Information?. See
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-if/download.php/44728/DE_2.0_Basics_Draft_ver_01.doc
This document is an update to the original OASIS EM TC White Paper. The
update includes the new tags and tag names along with updated snippets and
examples.)

2. TOPIC: What issues should be considered for this type of educational,
outreach document? (Answer: A number of issues are important to consider
as we strive to increase the amount and quality of educational material,
including (1) scope; (2) target audience; (3) simplicity; (4) level of
effort required to produce; (5) agility for updating/maintaining; (6)
authoritativeness; (7) adoption strategy. A few concrete suggestions were
proposed including use the wiki as well as the formal OASIS White Paper,
have one official web page where everything can be linked from, enable
grass-roots usage of standards as a strategy by following and supporting
free and open tools/parsers for a variety of platforms. )

3. TOPIC: Where do we find the comments on the DE 2.0 specification?
(Answer: The current OASIS policy provides a public comment list for all
the specifications as well as suggesting the members comment through the EM
TC mailing list. This is a potential difficulty separating out the
comments related to DE 2.0 and searching multiple lists for relevant
comments. Later discussion at EM TC meeting suggested that would be best if
everyone commented on the public comment list, if possible.)
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Jeff Waters
Group: EM Infrastructure Framework SC