Subject: cap:image and cap:audio

Title: cap:image and cap:audio

The spec as it stands carries audio files and images as references to the actual files.  While this reduces the size of the alert message, it has a disadvantage.  If the message is digitally signed, the protection this provides is not extended to the image/audio files.  So a hacker could replace the picture of a missing child with one of Mickey Mouse for example, and the security and validation mechanisms would not detect the alteration.

I suggest we may want to actually embed the files in the xml document (as Base64 encoded strings perhaps), so that the message integrity can be verified.

Thoughts/comments?

Regards,
Brian Pattinson
Unisys Corporation