Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] ICS form req's draft

Allen -

Let me try to say this plainly, because it seems to have become
confused:  The ICS messages are an entirely separate project from
CAP.  The ONLY connection between CAP and the ICS messages is that
one individual (me) suggested that a particular subset of the
elements used in CAP might also be useful in the ICS-201
implementation.

The "purpose" statement is in the very first paragraph of the draft
requirements document:  "The Incident Briefing (IB) message is an
XML-oriented format for a simple standard summary of the status of
and response to an incident at a single point in time from the
perspective of the Incident Commander.  It is based on the proven
format of the ICS-201 form used for many years in the Incident
Command System.  This digital version will allow the transmission,
collection and analysis of basic incident information over
interoperable data networks with minimal impact on existing incident
management practices."

NOBODY has proposed that the ICS messages be instances of CAP, or
vice versa.  If that's clear, can we please move on now?

- Art