Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] cap:image and cap:audio

Based on an in-depth review of the <resource> issue with Allen, it
seems like we might be able to agree on using SOAP with Attachments
(SwA) instead of the inline <data> element.  Apparently that's more
easily manageable from the implementation point of view.

That would mean we'd forget the <data> element and use the <URI>
element either for a local (attachment) reference or a remote (Web)
reference.  The warnings against using local attachments
unnecessarily would remain as implementation notes.

In the one-way "broadcast" situation that would mean sending a bit of
extra XML in the form of the SOAP envelop.  (Can someone tell me,
would there be any need to transmit the headers in a non-HTTP
transmission?)

Any comments or constructive suggestions about this?

- Art