Subject: Re: [emergency-msg] Backward compatibility

At 7:24 AM -0400 10/2/03, R. Allen Wyke wrote:
>Web Services? I'm sorry, I am not sure how this applies to this
>discussion (validation of schemas)?

What I meant specifically was that the ability to dynamically
discover services and interfaces (via UDDI and WSDL) isn't available
in many communication systems... so we can't assume that a revised
schema would propagate immediately and automatically throughout the
user base.

And more generally, that we need constantly to be on guard against
letting assumptions about the transport layer color our document
designs.

Sorry if I confused anyone.

- Art