Subject: Re: [emergency-msg] Re: Message coding

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 19:13, Art Botterell wrote:
> I absolutely agree, Allen... we can improve.  I think that's what
> we're all trying to do.   That's why specific, actionable suggestions
> are so important.
>
> At the same time, I think we also understand that we could wait
> forever trying to achieve perfection... and still not get there,
> because a lot of what we need to learn we'll learn only by
> experience... as illustrated by Jeff's notes based on his real-world
> implementation work.
>
> Anyway... Allen has invited us to transfer our conversation about the
> CAP message format onto the open
> "emergency-msg-comments@lists.oasis-open.org" list.  Allen, can you
> please brief the non-OASIS members among us on how to join that list?

Absolutely - I would love to. Quoting directly from the TC Process on
the OASIS site (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php):

"The purpose of the TC's public comment facility is to receive comments
from the public and is not for public discussion. Comments will be
publicly archived, and will be forwarded to one or more TC members
including the TC chair. TCs shall not be required to respond to
comments."

In a nutshell, this means the TC has a formal process and method to take
comments from non-members, such as those circulating on this list. You
can either submit a comment by sending it to
emergency-comment@lists.oasis-open.org, or you can click the "Send A
Comment" button on the EM TC page located at the following URL:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=emergency

Those who have participated in the demo in DC have some incredibly
valuable lesson's learned from your experience, and sending this
information back into the TC is a way for us, as a group, to address
those comments and improve the standard before its final approval.

We look forward to hearing your comments - Allen