Subject: Re: [emergency-msg] <category> values validated?

Just to play devil's advocate (please correct me if I'm wrong) -
Telecommunications is categorized as infrastructure. How does one
differentiate between a terrestrial telecommunications emergency (e.g.
signal jamming) and a land-line telecommunications emergency (e.g.
destruction of links). Must I filter the body of the message for
additional keywords? If so, what is the use of the granularity to me?
9-1-1 calls are listed under Other, but thats really telecommunications,
which is listed under infrastructure. Isn't cybercrime a form of
information network disruption? Could we not have a case of a terrorist
threat category for CAP category Health (targeting hospitals). The
granularity created here expands the reach but starts to look like
spaghetti. I would hate to be either the developer having to write code
to 'correctly' handle this granularity, or the poor shmuck at a dispatch
center having to create the alert. Short of having training knowing each
and every field, slip-ups will be widespread.

You know I'm not a fan of using human language to describe elements that
computer language will have to post-process and categorize ;) and this
seems like one of those --

what happens if changes have to get made to any of the specs, or they
are expanded and wording in existing categories is changed (i.e. Road
Crash gets changed to Road Accident) -- how do we tell people to 'fix'
their now 'legacy' code? The only way to do it is with a really good
regex parser, or line by line monkey-work. Heaven knows a spec isn't
complete the first round.

Cheers
Kon