Subject: SC Call 10/12 at 12 Eastern / 9 Pacific

Friends -

We'll be convening today (Tuesday) at the usual place
(1-877-302-3764, code 5565345) and time (12 PM Eastern, 9 AM Pacific,
right after the GIS call).  Per our agreement last time we'll be
opening discussions of CAP 1.1 as a "maintenance release" for early
next year.

I've dusted off the old issues spreadsheet, boiled it down a bit,
revised some of the more tendentious language, and added a couple of
items that have come to my attention, and posted it at:

<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-msg/download.php/9632/CAP_Issues_10-11-04.xls>

We've been over most of these before, so I'm hoping we'll be able to
dispose of the easy ones quickly, and then focus our energies on the
ones where we can make real and immediate improvements.    In
particular, I'm thinking that items 4, 6, 7, 11, 12, 14, 20 and 21
are fairly uncontroversial and/or are more of the nature of questions
than of proposals, so I'd suggest we try to dispose of a number of
those on tomorrow's call.

After that... and we can discuss this process, I'm just making a
suggestion here... maybe we'd each like to volunteer to take one or
two of the remaining items, research them, and come back to the
Subcommittee with a suggested course of action for each one for the
group to discuss.

We'll also want to talk about how to gather in any additional issues
for our list... without biting off too much for this cycle.  I'd
suggest we try to limit this round to issues that have already been
raised by actual implementers, so we don't get drawn off into deeper
theoretical and or WIBNI* concerns that could be better addressed in
the CAP 2.0 cycle.

Talk with you soon!

- Art

* WIBNI: "Wouldn't It Be Nice If..."