Subject: No meeting today but Invitation to Healthcare Informatics PanelDiscussion

From: "Peter Yim" <reservation-WRDJO-2028330@conferencemgr.com>
To: <rexb@starbourne.com>
Subject: Conference Call Invitation for 08/25/2005 10:30 AM
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:59:44 -0700

Rex Brooks,

You have been invited by
<mailto:peter.yim@cim3.com>Peter Yim to join a
conference call as a Conference
Organizer.  Please review the conference details
and information on how to accept or decline this
invitation.

Conference Details

<>Please RSVP

[ontolog] Discussion - Healthcare Informatics Landscape -Thu 2005-08-25

Comments/Agenda:

This is the another session in our "Ontolog Scheduled Discussion" Series.

* Topic: "Healthcare Informatics Landscapes,
Roadmaps, and Blueprints: Towards a Business Case
Strategy for Large Scale Ontology Projects"

* Proposed and Moderated by: Rex Brooks (HumanMarkup.org)

* Panelists:
** Bob Smith (Professor Emeritus, California State University),
** Brand Niemann (EPA, Chair, Semantic Interoperability CoP),
** Marc Wine (GSA, Health IT Coordinator),
** Mark Musen (Professor of Medicine and Computer
Science, Stanford University),
** David Whitten (Treasurer and Co-founder, WorldVistA), &
** Ram Sriram (NIST)

* Objectives: This Panel Discussion seeks to -
** identify the outlines and key landmarks of the
current healthcare informatics landscape;
** clarify semantic interoperability issues
between and amongst existing and planned
standards, particularly between OMG-HL7 and OASIS
initiatives;
** identify an appropriate Ontology Strategy and
committment to business valuation;
** express key issues for Health
Services(Sciences?) Domain Ontology
organizational maturity and technology readiness
levels;
** describe the Time dimension opportunities
between remote organizational units.

* Refer to session details on our wiki at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_08_25
** Background on the topic and some of the
questions to be discussed in this session can be
found atthe above session wiki page

* RSVP (to help us reserve adequate resources for the session.)

[This will be a virtual discussion session held
over a conference call augmented by other
synchronous collaboration tools. Participants are
expected to have access to the phone and an
Internet browser during the session.]

Thursday, August 25, 2005

   Start Time:

10:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time

   End Time:

12:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time

   Dial-in Number:

1-702-851-3330 (Las Vegas, Nevada)

Participant Access Code:

686564

Organizer Access Code:

*281752 (you must include the leading star key)

  Note:  The Organizer Access Code is only
necessary for use of enhanced conference
controls.  Otherwise, you can just use the
Participant Access Code.
  Please Select a Way to RSVP
via the
Web:<http://rsvp.conferencemgr.com/RSVP.asp?Q=WRDJO&E=rexb@starbourne.com>via
the Web:
via
e-mail:<mailto:WRDJO-accept-2028330@conferencemgr.com>Accept or <mailto:WRDJO-decline-2028330@conferencemgr.com>Decline(you
can include a personal message for the conference
Organizer in the body of your email)

Conference Touch-Tone Quick Reference

5, 7, 9 and # are available only to the conference Organizer

Ý Conference Muting Modes: Conversation Mode, Q&A Mode, Presentation Mode

ý Chimes settings: Entry on/Exit on, Entry
on/Exit off, Entry off/Exit on, Entry off/Exit off

For your convenience, we have attached a calendar
entry containing your conference
details.  Depending on which operating system and
calendar program you use, you can drag and drop,
double-click or download the attached file into
your calendar.

See you there!

<http://www.conferencemgr.com/?source=invitation>

Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:CalendarItem
1756220283303.vcs (    /    ) (0008D6EC)