Subject: Meeting Minutes 1-17-06

Hi Everyone,

Here are the Minutes of our last meeting, I have uploaded this draft
as well, into a new folder for Meeting Notes - Minutes.

As always, please send any corrections or additions.

-Rex

EM-Msg Meeting January 17, 2006 Minutes

Roll:
Voting Members:
Gary Ham,
Patti Aymond,
Rex Brooks,
Renato Iannella,
Art Botterell

Non-Voting Members:
Michelle Raymond

We had a quorum, but no meeting notes or minutes to accept, for which
Rex, as co chair, apologized and requested that note-taking become a
rotating responsibility.

Our agenda was to establish Editor(s) for the EDXL-Resource
Messsaging Specification work we are undertaking, develop a workplan
including a tentative schedule and a specific methodology process to
avoid the problems of conducting the development of Specification,
Data Dictionary, DOM and XML Schema in parallel.

Patti Aymond and Renato Iannella volunteered to be co-Editors and
were accepted by acclimation. This volunteer effort carried the
caveat that because both are very busy, the subcommittee accepts that
there will be times when schedules may need to slip a bit to
accommodate their other commitments. Because we have co-Editors, we
accepted these caveats.

Our tentative schedule was aimed at producing a working draft by
mid-April, in advance of the May OASIS Sysmposium in San Francisco,
where the EM TC plans to have a face to face meeting. This was
accepted with the understanding that we expect to produce a working
draft by March if possible, so that we can begin to get feedback from
the TC before the face to face meeting.

We also agreed that we would adopt a specific methodology of building
the data dictionary first, then the DOM, then the Schema, and finally
the overall Specification which combines all components. This was
also accepted with the caveat that the initial submission and the
Requirements Supplement passed to the TC was understood as a starting
point, and not a blueprint for the specification, but that our
responsibility is to address the requirements as presented,
specifically with regard to the use-cases on which the requirements
document is based. However, this is also understood not to constitute
a restriction on our work and that we can take other considerations
into account as they come up.

The meeting adjourned