Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] Draft Resource data dictionary

Renato,

I am very sorry I have not replied to you sooner.  I’ll spare you the whining – I am just getting to all my emails.

Generally, this maps back to requirements 3, 16, and 26 which focus on various ways to specify resources.  The group of “ARMS” elements refers to the (U.S.) standard FEMA resource typing effort.  Adding these to the standard was proposed by a pilot project conducted by Washington, Maryland and Virginia region.  They requested the structure be added to the standard message structure as one option that may be used to specify resources.

In our meeting on Tuesday, this was discussed and for now noted that these elements may either be combined into a complex type (in which case this would be an optional choice – use this structure OR use other resource elements, but not both) or referenced via the standard by a ValueListURN.  This will obviously be discussed in more detail, and we look forward to your input.

Thanks,

Tim Grapes

Evolution Technologies, Inc.
Disaster Management egov Initiative