Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] Minutes for Meeting 07-11-06

I hear and understand, but would like to add that we are, after all,
only driving the first full draft of v1.0. Please excuse me if I
mangle a few metaphors here, but I sense a wave or some kind of tide
moving around us. Perhaps I'm just involved in too many of these
efforts at one time.

However, because I am also involved on other TCs, I am currently part
of the crowd drowning in details for WSRP v2.0, which is far, far
less functional than originally planned, more than 3x as complex as
originally thought, and now, almost a year overdue getting into
public review, and just now getting to the nuts and bolts of the
first wave of public review issues, and finding it all a bit
daunting, more than four years into the process.

I can testify that if we don't move in a timely way, the world will
spin out things like AJAX that make the bleeding edge work we thought
we were doing almost obsolete before it gets out the door. So, after
having forged the management system for the major transportation
systems (roadways, railways, airways, waterways), in EDXL_DE, we are
approximately now at the level of working out the traffic flows for
traffic categories, in this case resources, and we have identified
the major ones. I realize these are clumsy and inaccurate metaphors,
but I hope you get the idea. Basically, I'm in agreement with Lee
that we need to focus on getting these identified resource message
categories nailed down before the peripheral networks get out ahead
of us, eh?

What I am learning is that the practitioners are required to push
ahead, and will do whatever works that they can glue together, but if
they have something to work with, even with some flaws and hiccups,
they will help us smooth it out provided we give them that something
to work with. Otherwise, they will give us an unending job of
untangling the messy mashups that convergence is forcing. We have to
keep swimming until we can get to the next hunk of ground high enough
to catch a glimpse of the changing landscape. Heckuva way to run a
railroad.