Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] Groups - EM-Msg SC Meeting added

Maybe I missed something...  I didn't think DOM development for each message
was off the table; just that it would be challenging to get them done before
the FtoF.  I think it's critical that the DOMs be developed.

Thanks,
Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: rexb@starbourne.com [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 12:51 PM
To: emergency-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [emergency-msg] Groups - EM-Msg SC Meeting added

I highlighted being REALISTIC about where we will be with the document
going into the F2F because I DON'T think, given recent activities, that we
will have ANY DOMs and perhaps no schemas. Without DOMs, relying solely on
schemas, I think we can expect a wide variance in applications, which,
given the number of message types, is asking for problems. If everyone
builds their own, or lets them be determined as de facto outcomes of
unstructured applications built solely on schemas and the data dictionary,
I think we court having a mess. I intensely dislike DOM-based development,
but they do enforce common structures, and that means ongoing
INTEROPERABILITY in fact, versus theory.

 -- Rex Brooks*

EM-Msg SC Meeting has been added by Rex Brooks*