Subject: Re: [emergency-msg] Groups - EM-Msg SC Meeting added

Thanks Carl,

I thought your comments were worth sharing with the group. I agree,
of course, that the various developer communities are ready to
implement solutions period, no matter where they come from. The lack
of balance between traditional standards orgs of which OASIS is
actually a late comer and the "whatever works" reality is something
that can only be addressed if it is acknowledged.

It's strange to me when someone with as little patience as I have
been blessed with finds himself advising colleagues to wait on
standards before they go charging off. I think a Member Section may
be able to help bring in ideas and keep us abreast of the evolution
going on outside our circles. I think that the developer community
lacks appreciation for how difficult it is to conduct this work in
drips and dribbles an hour or two every week or every other week
punctuated by rapid progress when we can arrange our f2f get
togethers.

However, we do it, I think we need to address these issues.