Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] Draft schemas from the meeting

Folks,

My 2 cents is that, in general, we should not integrate pieces of other
standards into one of our standards.  I agree with Rex and Lee that reusable
components should be kept separated and plugged in as needed.  This keeps
our standard more maintainable and understandable, and more easily
accommodates a change to or new version of the other standard.  I'll stop
there as far as my recommendation, but I might even consider referencing CIQ
via URN...

"See" you guys on the 4:00 ET call.

Thanks,
Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Tincher [mailto:ltincher@evotecinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 7:01 AM
To: 'Rex Brooks'; 'Karen Robinson'; 'Ham, Gary A'
Cc: emergency-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

Just one more thought on this - if we couple ContactInformation with
Location - and use CIQInformation - it may tend to make some automated use
tools (like NIEM IEPD tools) a little more difficult to use - this should
not be a major concern for us, but I thought it should be brought up.  The
idea of utilizing an existing standard within a standard is great - but I
would like to see that done in a very clear and modular way...

Thanks,
Lee
'We the unwilling, led by the unknowing have been doing the difficult with
little for so long that we are now ready to tackle the impossible with
nothing.' -- Local Fire communications reserve volunteer motto