Subject: Meeting Minutes 1-11-07

Hi Everyone,

Here are the Minutes of our last meeting,

EM-Msg Meeting January 11, 2007 Minutes

Roll:
Voting Members:
Rex Brooks,
Tim Grapes,
PattiAymond,
Gary Ham
Michelle Raymond,
Karen Robinson

We had a quorum.

Agenda:

  1 We reviewed the current status of the EDXL_RM Specification work.
  2 Gary indicated that the overal schema and types schema were ready
to be used in synching up with the data dictionary and message
types/message elements matrix.
  3 Patti will post the matrix as soon as it is ready to be used. She
will catch up on the data dictionary as time permits, but indicated
that it is a priority for her.
  4 Once the matrix is posted, Gary will work up the individual
message type schemas and post them.
  5 Rex will use the matrix and individual message type schemas to
update all the individual Message Element Reference Model Diagrams.
  6 Karen will proof the rules sections of the individual message
sections and keep an eye on the schemas as they are posted.
  7 We are going to try to work online together as much as is
practical with the aim of getting the specification ready for TC
review in early February, and we all agreed that since most of the
difficult and complex work has been pushed through, we should be able
to do that.
  8 There was a very thorough discussion over the distinction of what
had been represented in the overall diagram as the ReferenceID in the
ResponseInformation component with the result that in the top level
ResourceMessage component we will have:
OriginatingMessageID for the first ResourceMessage, usually a
RequestResource, in a given set of related messages;
InitialMessageID for a specific subset of messages generated by
messages such as RequestReturn or ReleaseResource which start a
significant subset that it is important to carefully identify and
follow; and
SequenceNumber to refer the specific ResourceInformation component
within a message in order to differentiate between such components in
messages that have multiple ResourceInformation components.
  9 Specifically: the SequenceNumber identifies the instance of
ResourceInformation within the message. It dos not identify the
Resource. The Resource is identified by a combination of one or more
of ResourceID, Name and/or ResourceTypeStructure

The meeting adjourned.

I am also uploading the file separates to the document repository.

As usual, I encourage and welcome all comments, corrections, additions, etc.