Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] Confusion about RM location elements

Patti,

I like it!!!

Gary A. Ham

Senior Research Scientist

Battelle Memorial Institute

540-288-5611 (office)

703-869-6241 (cell)

"You would be surprised what you can accomplish when you do not care who gets the credit." - Harry S. Truman

From: Aymond, Patti [mailto:Patti.Aymond@iem.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 2:29 PM
To: Karen Robinson; emergency-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

Karen,

The structure of these elements haven’t been finalized, so the discrepancies persist.

You’re message caused me to pause and look seriously at the structure of these elements for the first time. I’ve never really stopped to “think” about what these structures should be. After taking a fresh look at this, I have a few suggestions for all of you to consider. I’ve attached is a suggestion on the structure of the ContactInformation and  Location elements. A few key points are listed below:

1)       I suggest that we eliminate the “CIQInformation” element as a complex structure. We can add a single sub-element to the ContactInformation element (e.g. OtherContactInfo) of type ciq:xcil that can contain any of the CIQ name, address, or other “party” information data.

2)       The LocationType structure would include the three conditional elements: LocationDescription (xsd:string), Address (ciq:xal), and TargetArea (geo-oasis:where).

Let me know what you think. If everyone agrees, I will clean up the document before releasing a new version with Rex’s updated ERMs.

Patti

Patti Iles Aymond, PhD
Senior Scientist, Research & Development
Innovative Emergency Management, Inc.
Managing Risk in a Complex World

8555 United Plaza Blvd.   Suite 100
Baton Rouge, LA 70809