Subject: Minutes 02-01-07

Hi Everyone,

Here are the Minutes of our last meeting, I have also uploaded them
to the document repository of the SC.

As usual, please post corrections, comments, additions or deletions.

EM-Msg Meeting February 1, 2007 Minutes

Roll:
Voting Members:
Rex Brooks,
PattiAymond,
Gary Ham,
Karen Robinson,
Tom Merkle

We had a quorum.

Agenda:

  1 We reviewed the current status of the EDXL_RM Specification work.
  2 Gary kicked off discussion of Carl Reed's updated OASIS Profile of GML.
  3 We decided to use it as geo-oasis:where or gml-oasis:where, using
the combination of ciq:xal for Address and geo-oasis or gml-oasis for
TargetArea, though we will each review it more thoroughly and ask Tim
and Lee to check it for its agreement with expert group requirements.
  4 Gary took the Action Item to write a draft explanation on how use
the GML Profile.
  5 We discussed the issue of how to provide usability with the
several XSDs which we cite within the EDXL_RM Specification, and
decided that we should package them into a single folder in the TC
Document Repository initially so that they are easier to access, then
provide the entire collection in a zip file when the specification is
approved. We did not delve into whether we want to do that when the
committee draft is approved by the TC, or when the committee
specification is approved for submission to OASIS for approval, or
after full standard approval.
  6 We decided to recommend to the TC that freeze the version of each
of these which the EDXL_RM Specification use until the next version
of the specification.
  7 Patti has updated the document to v.27 and it now includes the
first draft of the Front Sections which Tim has agreed to edit in
order to update the information on the expert group in the History
section. All the latest versions of the diagrams have been added.
  8 We agreed to Patti's proposed simplification of the
ContactInformation and LocationInformation packages, and Rex asked
her to revise the Element Reference Model diagram to reflect it and
that he would then update all the individual message model diagrams.
  9 Karen is doing the slight revision on the Reference Schema and is
updating all of the individual message examples.
  10 We decided to rename InitialMessageID to PreceedingMessageID and
constrain it to the ID of the immediately preceeding Message.
  11 We decided that the OriginatingMessageID will be required and in
that case the MessageID and the OriginatingMessageID will be
identical.
  12 We are aiming to have the full document ready to be passed on to
the TC after the next SC meeting.

The meeting adjourned.