Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] GML and Resource

Hi guys,

On the geo issue I had advised Gary to keep it simple (just use point) and
let public comment push more variation.  Although I am not aware of specific
requirements the practitioners did, however, express the need for
flexibility to express resource locations.  I don't think there's a right or
wrong approach going into public comment - so I'm OK with either - simple
and get comments or provide more options and live with the added complexity.

Regarding assignment I too am OK with the current design.  The practitioners
were also pretty clear that they are interested in one assignment.  Although
resource may in fact accept changing roles or assignments during an
incident, they did not wish to get into tracking all the stuff that happens
inside the incident.  Their scope of interest is getting resource in to an
incident, and then getting it back out.

(nope - no easy button for this stuff)
Thanks,

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 12:43 PM
To: Aymond, Patti; Karen Robinson; Ham, Gary A;
emergency-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

Good points, Patti,

I think OriginatingSequenceNumber should be changed to
PreceedingSequenceNumber. I think AssignmentInformaton is fine as is.
I am not sure about AssignmentInformation multiplicity. Right now I'm
thinking you can only have one assignment for one fully qualified set
of a sequenced resource, but I'm not sure that degree of specificity
is a good fit with fluid situations.

Cheers, (or maybe I should say "Ughh! this stuff still ain't any easier!"),
Rex