Subject: Re: Fwd: RE: [emergency] RE: [emergency-msg] RE: EDXL-RM forOASIS review / 60-day public review

Thanks Elysa,

I have validated all of the schemas (or schemata), individually and
collectively, using XMLSPY. That means I tested all of the
schemas/schemata including the  included/imported schemas/schemata as
well as the EDXL Common Reference, Types and individual message
schemas/schemata which use those external schema, such as CIQ and
geo-oasis.

So I am satisfied that our work will stand up to testing. The zipped
group of schemas (schemata) can be found at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/download.php/23014/EDXL-RM-SchemasAndExamplesV1.zip

There is one thing that concerns me. In the specification Appendix A
it says that "Schemas included in Appendix A are for reference only.
The normative schemas can be found at
http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/edxl-rm/v1.0/cd01/schemas/

However, checking that URL resulted in a "Not Found" screen. I
believe assembling those schemas/schemata at that URL is something
OASIS will do once we finish our submission, but I thought i should
mention it because it would be a bad thing for the public to check
that URL and reach a Not Found message.

I can post a notice of the EDXL-RM Public Review to the Ontolog Forum
http://ontolog.cim3.net/, which provides at least one well-regarded
publicly-accessible mailing list.

I have read the correspondence thread below, and I can vouch for this
specification as co-chair of the Emergency management Messages and
Notification Subcommittee.