Subject: RE: Rewrite of Section 1.3--Issue 9 (on IssuesList from start)

Thanks for your review, Alessandro,

I have invited Carl Reed to our SC meeting
telecon tomorrow to give us his thoughts on this,
and I would appreciate it everyone could take a
look at this issue,  I am copying Elysa with this
because it bears on EDXL-HAVE.

I reviewed the normative and non-normative
sections of EDXL-HAVE and EDXL-RM, and they treat
this differently. EDXL-HAVE cited [OASIS GML] and
I added a non-normative reference to EDXL-RM
which consists solely of a data dictionary
section that I uploaded. I downloaded the Best
Practices document from Carl Reed dated May 22,
2006 that Sukumar uploaded Oct. 20, 2006. I
looked for this document when I found the data
dictionary excerpt that I uploaded, but forgot
that it was a "Best Practices" document, so I
didn't find it at that time last week. This all
directly relates to the issue Alessandro brought
up in the message below.

What I really think we should do is arrange a
meeting with Mary McRae & Ram Kumar so that we
can consistently address this issue of the
inclusion of other OASIS Standards or proposed
standards, works in progress, Best Practices,
etc, in draft specifications. This also directly
relates to the issue of conformance, too.

I'd like to get that as settled as we can.

One issue that strikes me as important is the
inclusion of Best Practices recommendations as
normative.

The good news is that this is if we include what
we learn in EDXL-RIM as high level reference, we
shouldn't have to revisit this issue for the next
generation of specifications.