Subject: Re: [emergency-msg] CAP 1.2 items

Hi Jacob,

I think this should be on our agenda tomorrow, along with CAP-EAS.
The fact is, while our membership has expanded a bit recently, taking
on both of these tasks, which have short-term priority, need
dedicated person-hours. And this applies not just the person-hours
for drafting the language, but, just as importantly, to prompt,
thoughtful review and discussion. So we need to field another team to
take on this work, if that's what the TC decides. That means we need
folks to show up regularly for meetings and pitch in, such as
volunteering to take meeting notes so that the chair duties are not
so concentrated.

What we did as we pushed through EDXL-RM with two co-chairs was often
for one chair to do the chair duties while the other took notes. I've
also participated in TCs and SCs where note-taking rotated through
the membership on an informal basis, but the work has been spread out
such that one person did not shoulder the majority of the work. This
applies to the TC, too. If I wasn't taking on these roles for a
couple of SCs, I'd volunteer, but we can only do so much as
individuals before our performance degrades from overuse.

So, we need enough members committed to the whole process if we are
to take it on in the near term as you indicate is needed.