Subject: profiles, extensions, etc

Hi,
	The question of terminology and what profiles, extensions, etc involve came up again today on the telecon.  What our company been calling these types of specs are CAP layers.  I've attached a reference doc that discusses what a CAP layer is, how to create one, and an example.  Its a document that is still a work in progress so please let me know your comments.  For instance we're increasingly using urns for the valueNames to better handle multiple layered messages.  Its in PDF format,

--
jake@jpw.biz
--

layer-guidelines.pdf