Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] OASIS request - EDXL SitReps and NIMS ICS

Good morning Rich,

I just want to be sure you received the request below, and inquire whether you’ve had time to discuss this request with the parties responsible for facilitating the new ICS form versions.

Thanks,

Tim Grapes

Evotec

"The only thing we take into the next life is our character"

From: Timothy Grapes [mailto:tgrapes@evotecinc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 11:22 PM
To: Richard.Vandame@dhs.gov
Cc: emergency-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Rich,

Thank you for participating in our SitRep standard call today, and for offering to assist with this question.  As you know, a key driver by the practitioners for definition of content to be addressed by the EDXL-Situation Reporting messaging Standard (EDXL-SitRep) included NIMS ICS.  In particular this focused on information found in these selected ICS forms:

    1. ICS-201 - "Incident Briefing“
    2. ICS-207 – “Incident Organization Chart”
    3. ICS-209 - "Incident Status Summary Report"
    4. ICS-215 - "Operational Planning Worksheet"
    5. ICS-203 – “Organizational Assignment List”

We are aware that a new version of the ICS form booklet is in public review “NATIONAL INCIDENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM - INCIDENT COMMAND SYSTEM - ICS FORMS BOOKLET, FEMA 502-2, August 28, 2009.  The practitioner process and the current OASIS process has referred to the ICS form booklet (  ).  As discussed today, we request your assistance identifying changes / differences between these two versions for these five ICS forms, aside from public comments that have not yet been reviewed.  Our focus is only on substantive changes to form content rather than changes to form organization and format.

Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tim Grapes

On behalf of the OASIS Messaging and Notifications Subcommittee

Evolution Technologies, Inc.

A "Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business"(SDVOSB)
Office:    (703) 654-6075
Mobile:  (703) 304-4829

Fax:         (703) 654-6001
tgrapes@evotecinc.com

http://www.evotecinc.com/

"The only thing we take into the next life is our character"