Subject: 11:00 AM EST SitRep today: New ICS report

All,

Please don't forget our SitRep meeting today.  See below - and attached is
Don's team's work on the ICS example.  I have not yet had the chance to
discuss my initial questions so we'll hit them on the call.  The other
attachments (pdf and excel) relate to my questions below.

Thanks,
    Tim

Tim Grapes

Evotec

(703) 304-4829

If I had six hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend four hours sharpening the
ax.
-Abraham Lincoln

From: Timothy Grapes [mailto:tgrapes@evotecinc.com]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 12:46 PM
To: 'McGarry, Donald P.'; ''Rob Torchon''
Subject: RE: New ICS report

Guys,

Just back from travel to look at this, but before diving deeper I have a
couple stage-setting questions...

1.       Have the "problems" below been addressed in this version?

2.       Don, is your purpose to have Rob and I take a glance before sending
to the SitRep SC for their review?

3.       At a glance, I see things both below and on the form I didn't think
were a part of this ICS form, e.g. 33: Today's observed fire behavior... and
others.  So I did some investigation...  Though I think we should probably
move forward with what we have, given the work put in, I'm not sure this
form is the latest / agreed-to 209 version to work from.  The one attached
is the one originally agreed to, and also matches Rob's initial SitRep
mapping excel file.  Not sure where the working version came from, Don.  I
just want to make sure it won't be an issue when practitioners check it out?

a.       I do see now that Don's May message mapping the 209 form did show
your version and I should have caught it at that time..., but for now it's a
question.

4.       Regarding Rob's weather question, it somewhat goes back to # 4,
where the 209 contains "Weather Concerns" (a driver from the 209 form in the
SitRep requirements, but not included in this working example); and "Weather
Effects".  I don't see these in this working example

a.       Weather concerns was left as a string within SitReps

b.      Weather Effects was determined to be broken out as a complex type in
the "Common Types" reusable component - for use with any EDXL standard.

                                                               i.      What
I don't recall is whether we got this in immediately, or deal with it
later...

Anyway, stopped there for now to get a check on these things before diving
deeper.