Subject: RE: [emergency-rim] Groups - Statement of Work Draft (EDXL-RIM-Statement-of-Work-v 01.doc) uploaded

Sorry I missed the call - caught behind an accident with a dead cell
phone....

Thanks,
Lee
'There are only two ways that you can live life.  One is as if nothing is a
miracle.  The other is as if everything is a miracle. I believe in the
latter' - Albert Einstien

-----Original Message-----
From: Alessandro Triglia [mailto:sandro@oss.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 5:11 PM
To: ltincher@evotecinc.com; emergency-rim@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [emergency-rim] Groups - Statement of Work Draft
(EDXL-RIM-Statement-of-Work-v 01.doc) uploaded

It looks good, but I would like to suggest a couple of changes:

The bullet, "an XML Schema for common terminology definitions and datatype",
should become two separate bullets:

- Common terminology definitions
- XML schemas for common datatypes

(I prefer the plural in this case because it's not yet known whether the SC
will be developing a single schema containing all the relevant type
definitions or a set of schemas, and also because people often don't agree
on what the singular form, "schema", really means.)

The bullet, "reference to a common data dictionary" is unclear to me.  Do
you mean that the SC will identify a pre-existing data dictionary and will
specify how to reference it, or do you mean that the SC will develop
(populate) a common data dictionary that will be referenceable from other
standards?  I think you mean the latter, in which case the bullet could
become:

- A common data dictionary and governance for usage, change, and reference

However, then I am wondering if this bullet should be merged with the first
one above (Common terminology definitions).

Lastly, I would move the dictionary bullet to the top of the list, and the
XML schemas bullet to the bottom of the list (most abstract to least
abstract order).

Alessandro

nload.php/28220/EDXL-RIM-Statement-of-Work-v%2001.doc