Subject: Meeting Today? New OMG Effort in same domain space as EDXL-RIM

Hi Everyone,

We have a meeting scheduled today, and I would like to encourage you
all to attend. If you can please RSVP since I will need to break away
from the CAP Profile SC meeting unless it ends at the hour.

I have attached an updated charter for a new OMG working group,
called Emergency and Crisis Management Domain Special Interest Group
(ECM DSIG). It cites the OASIS, the EM TC, CAP, EDXL-DE, EDXL-HAVE,
EDXL-RM among others and seeks to:

"The ECM will undertake an overarching initiative to develop a framework and new approaches to facilitate such critical informaton exchange across separate and distinct domains. Current thinking in this area encourages the use of standards-based interfaces and common models (e.g., NEIM, CAP and JC3IEDM) to enable successful information exchange -and ultimately provide decision makers with quality (ACCURATE, RELEVANT, TIMELY, USABLE, COMPLETE, BRIEF, SECURE) information tailored to the varying stages and severity of an incident."

It goes on to state:

"The SIG will seek to exploit emerging community, consortium and international standards and their ability to deliver controlled and adaptive information sharing as required tosupport the diversity of emergency management operations at varying stages of an incident.  Where necessary, the SIG will prepare RFIs and RFPs for specifications that augment current and evolving capability.

The primary mission of the EM PTF is to create framework through which Emergency and Crisis Management community leverage evolvng open specifications and standards from multiple organizations and consortium such as: OMG, Open Group, OASIS, IETF, NENA, ISO, W3C, ORCHESTRA, SANY, GMES, GEOSS, GOOB, and ITCM.   The SIG will provide guidance on the use and integration of these specifications to provide interoperability to the broader ommunity.  The framework will be used to identify where additional standards efforts will be required to enhance ECM system interoperabiity."

I think we need to examine and review this document and report to the TC on it.

Cheers,
Rex Brooks
President, CEO
Starbourne Communications Design
GeoAddress: 1361-A Addison
Berkeley, CA 94702
Tel: 510-898-0670

EmergencyCrisisMgt-DSIG-dtc2009-01-02.pdf