Subject: Uploaded update of ValueListURN Model and diagram images

Hi Everyone,

I uploaded a recent revision of the Enterprise Architect file of record
for our work EDXL-RIM-ValueListURN-Requirements-011.EAP
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-rim/download.php/34618/EDXL-RIM-ValueListURN-Requirements-011.EAP>

I also uploaded images of the two new diagrams included in this revision:

Scenario0-Alternative0-WrapCAP-MessageInEDXL-DE.jpg
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-rim/download.php/34619/Scenario0-Alternative0-WrapCAP-MessageInEDXL-DE.jpg>

This image details one way to diagram the process of building the
policy-based EDXL-DE Header for a CAP Message. In the model itself each
of the Activities/Tasks diagrammed has a properties dialog associated
with it which details whether or not it employs a Keyword-ValueListURN
for the values the Activity/Task checks.

This alternative uses Gateways with intermediate Error Events in a
single swim lane for the negative results the Gateway Decision Points.
The affirmative result just moves the process on to the next Activity/Task.

and

Scenario0-Alternative1-WrapCAP-MessageInEDXL-DE.jpg
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-rim/download.php/34620/Scenario0-Alternative1-WrapCAP-MessageInEDXL-DE.jpg>

This image details another way to diagram the process of building the
policy-based EDXL-DE Header for a CAP Message. In the model itself each
of the Activities/Tasks diagrammed has a properties dialog associated
with it which details whether or not it employes a Keyword-ValueListURN
for the values checked.

This alternative uses a second swimlane for the support infrastructure
that provides the information needed to build the EDXL-DE Header for the
CAP Alert Message. Instead of Gateways with intermediate Error Events in
a single swim lane This diagram models a message flow of requests and
reports with the Activities Tasks in the second swimlane accounting
negative results as simply another aspect of the report that responds to
the request.

The point of these diagrams is to capture the process in more detail
than included when we started.

Howeve,r while it may be necessary for us to understand this process in
greater depth for the purpose of developing the policy-oriented use of
the ValueListURN, we can't become so focused on this aspect that we
ignore the rest of the range of uses to which the ValueListURN applies.

Now, having said that, we're about to jump into the weeds of all this in
order to help the Infrstructure Framework Subcommittee with gathering
requirements for EDXL-DE 1.1. I just wanted to make sure we don't lose
sight of the larger landscape.

Cheers,

Rex Brooks
President, CEO