Subject: Groups - DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-MtgNotes-08-26-2010 (DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-MtgNotes-08-26-2010.doc) uploaded

Please review these minutes of the Aug 26, 2010 RIM meeting for approval at
our next meeting, subject to any specified changes. Thanks.

 -- Jeff Waters

The document named DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-MtgNotes-08-26-2010
(DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-MtgNotes-08-26-2010.doc) has been submitted by Jeff
Waters to the EM Reference Information Model SC document repository.

Document Description:
At today's meeting, the members discussed the following topics:

(1)Should we develop a RIM common vision along with the specific
deliverables? (Answer: Yes, Rex will work on the summary, Werner will work
on the vision statement and Jeff will work on the process. We'll review the
draft writeups at the next meeting.)

(2)Should we continue our work on the CIQ profile? (Answer: We can leverage
work already completed. An initial profile has been completed by Don
McGarry and posted as an example of what could be a common type. We will
review the completed profile and approve or suggest adjustments at the next
RIM meeting. Also we will consider the methodology and criteria for best
practice advice to subcommittees for how to determine what to extract from
a spec to develop profiles.)

(3)How do we proceed with obtaining/developing the geo-oasis:Where profile
for geographic information? (Answer: OGC is the best place to develop this;
however, they may be busy and the Simple Features profile is too much for
our needs.  We support the effort to encourage the oasis gis subcommittee
to develop the profile. In the near term, we will look to the current
geo-oasis:Where profile as a starting point for development of our common
types.)

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=39265

Download Document: