Subject: Reminder: Meeting Today

Hi Everyone,

We have a regularly scheduled meeting today in less than an hour.

We still have the elements of Urgency, Severity and Certainty which are shared by CAP and the DE with the expressed need to resolve the problem with the value of "Unknown" being interpreted and treated as "Insignificant".

And we also have the ongoing assessment of Layer as an Extension Mechanism. I have noted the possibility of creating confusion with an overloaded term, but I haven't given any examples, so I am correcting that now with a URL to The Open Group SOA Reference Architecture Technical Standard: Overview of SOA RA Layers: http://www.opengroup.org/soa/source-book/soa_refarch/layers.htm

IEEE is currently assessing this work along with the Reference Architecture Foundation for SOA from the SOA RM TC in which I have worked on this along with a core of about six to eight others for the last six-plus years. So I am not unbiased. The Open Group's SOA Ontology is worse, but unless you are involved in this, it probably isn't worth much more than an example of the use of the term Layers.

Perhaps we should call ours extensionLayer to clearly differentiatte it?

Cheers,

Rex Brooks
GeoAddress:
1361-A Addison