Subject: Groups - DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-MtgNotes-07-10-2014 uploaded

Submitter's message
Please review these minutes from the August 7th, 2014 meeting of the Reference Information Model Subcommittee for approval at our next meeting, subject to any specified changes. Thanks.
-- Jeff Waters
Document Name: DRAFT-EDXL-RIM-SC-MtgNotes-07-10-2014

Description
At the August 7th, 2014 meeting of the Reference Information Subcommittee,
the members discussed the following topics:

1. TOPIC: Do we have a draft playbook for how to use the EDXL Standards?
Yes. Rex has prepared a draft playbook as a template ready for expansion
that nicely provides examples of how to motivate the playbook procedures
with use cases.

2. TOPIC: Should we prepare a Committee Note for the EDXL/NIEM Adapters?
Yes. A Committee Note will help to provide context and be relatively easy
to prepare and approve. Werner graciously offered to prepare a draft.

3. TOPIC: Are we making progress on the Everyday EDXL white paper? Yes, but
still in progress. Jeff is preparing the draft and it aligns nicely with
Rex?s more use case specific playbook template.

4. TOPIC: Do we have changes to the GML Simple Features Profile ready to
review? Yes, Werner has a draft zip in the RIM Drafts folder, see
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-rim/download.php/53764/edxl-gsf-v1.0-wd10
)

5. TOPIC: Do we have a schedule and plan for our presentations at IAEM?
Yes, Elysa reviewed the schedule and discussed the unique opportunity to
introduce new stakeholders to EDXL. There is a growing emphasis and
interest in standards this year for assisting emergency management, so
these reachout efforts are vital to explaining what we can do now and the
opportunities, if we employ these standards now, for what we can achieve in
the future. These presentations, white papers, and other educational
materials help us to tell that story. )
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Jeff Waters
Group: EM Reference Information Model SC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2014-09-03 22:20:19