Subject: Fwd: whitespace

Here is Jeff's idea.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: whitespace
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 09:49:27 -0800
From: Jeff Waters <jeffrywaters@gmail.com>
To: rexb@starbourne.com

Rex:

  Thanks for all the hard work and good suggestions for our RIM improvements. Sorry for slowing you down today with all of my questions re the "comment" type.  Sometimes I'm a little slow to understand things.

  After our discussion, I'm thinking that you are recommending something like this:

-------------- CommentsType (add this to our CommonTypes) -----------------------------

<xs:simpleType name="CommentsType">
   <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
      <xs:whiteSpace value="preserve"/>
      <xs:maxLength value="1023"/>
      <xs:minLength value="1"/>
    </xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleType>

  So is the motion to add a CommentsType of the form noted above? (I threw this into the common types schema that I had in sitrep in Oxygen and it validated.)

Although this isn't being used in HAVE for their comments type, your point is that this would still be a useful common type across the board.

 (We do have an EDXLStringType in our CommonTypes which is a token limited to 1023, and it is used extensively in HAVE, but it is a token, so EDXLStringType isn't what you want because it would remove beginning and ending white space.  )

  Thanks.

--Jeff