emergency-tep message

Subject: FW: JPATS TEP requirements

Folks, an FYI.  Per recent email updates we’re continuing a process to ensure that federal partners on the HHS side are fully on board with TEP, and recent events have put the effort squarely back on the map.  Although we have in fact performed a successful TEP patient tracking exercise with JPATS in 2010, and requirements were modified somewhat based upon that experience, they have not been as closely engaged as we would like.  So below is meant to re-engage to specifically validate our requirements or identify any outstanding issues to be addressed by our SC.

JPATS purpose can basically be compared to FedEx or UPS – “getting and tracking a package from point A to B to C”.  Though they do carry basic information about the patient status such as “triageStatus”, they do not deal with other elements that the state and local stakeholders care about.

Thanks,
    Tim

Tim Grapes

SE Solutions, Inc.

(703) 304-4829

From: Grapes, Timothy
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 9:42 AM
To: Knell, Charles (HHS/ASPR/OPEO)
Cc: Britt, Darryl (HHS/ASPR/OPEO)
Subject: RE: JPATS double check of requirements

Sounds good Chuck.  Let’s touch base next week and exchange that information – you provide the JPATS elements, and we provide and also analyze currently proposed mandatory elements against that to resolve any potential issues so that JPATS can use the data exchange without dealing with required elements that would be invalid to you.

Thanks – have a good weekend guys,
    Tim

Tim Grapes

SE Solutions, Inc.