emergency-tep message

Subject: TEP implementation

An FYI about ongoing implementation of TEP in the state of Tennessee where they have 3 different patient tracking systems.  Their vendors have been reaching out with support questions over the past month.

Thanks,
    Tim

Timothy Grapes

SE Solutions

703.304.4829

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From: Grapes, Timothy
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:46 AM
To: Jeff Sexton
Cc: Paul Petersen; Robert Newsad
Subject: RE: follow-up from TEP call Friday

Hi Jeff et al,

Doing well and hope you, Paul and Robert are the same.  Glad to hear you are moving forward, and sorry it’s taken a minute to get back to you.

At this stage your approach is valid and should work just fine.  As TEP is published, however, you will need to adhere to any elements required in the published standard.  By way of quick update, the standard is nearly ready for OASIS public review, and working sessions between HL7 subcommittees and OASIS are scheduled during the week of Sept 10 in Baltimore.  So a published standard in congress with HL7 should be heading out to public comment this year and be out near January.

Back to your question – I would make those two elements optional for now and make plans to move to required later.  IPAWS-OPEN original direction was to automatically validate all EDXL standard message content.  However when the program moved over to FEMA and focused on the Alerts & Warnings mission, they determined to validate only the DE (which carries all EDXL messages) and to validate the content of CAP messages.

Good work, guys.

Thanks,
    Tim

Timothy Grapes