Subject: MONITORING AND DATA ACQUISITION VERSUS INFRASTRUCTURE

Hi All,

Pursuant to our conversation yesterday the question on the table is:

The current EM-TC Charter calls for a focus on "Monitoring and Data Acquisition," It is my view that this is not broad enough to cover all standards issues associated with what I think of as "infrastructure." Therefore, I propose that we change the Charter's verbiage to reflect the "I" word with elemental categories of application defined as a consequence. In this context, then:

a. As a group do we concur with the name change to "Infrastructure?"
b. What elemental categories of standards should be included in the first go-round?

Thanks, folks.

Rick Carlton
Vice-Chairman - EM-TC