Subject: RE: [huml] Convergent Standards Paper

Hi Folks,

I added the Human Markup Language reference Ranjeeth mentioned and I
changed the first sentence, making two sentences of it, to read:

"The Human Physical Characteristics Description Markup Language
(HPCDML) is the deliverable workproduct of the HPCDML Subcommittee of
the OASIS HumanMarkup Technical Committee. This language is aimed at
bringing together a comprehensive, self-consistent, synthesis of
existing and planned standards for documenting the Human Body in
addition to providing the operational set of physical descriptions
and descriptions of physical behavior required by applications using
the Human Markup Language...."

I will repost a more complete version when I have added the public
health datastandards Ranjeeth mentioned.

Note: It appears that this set of standards is ever-evolving, but I
needed to make a start on it. Eventually, we will produce an RDF
Schema that will encompass this work.

Ciao,
Rex

At 9:18 AM -0400 5/14/03, Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga wrote:
>Hi Rex,
>
>The paper looks like a very comprehensive resource.  Three minor things I
>noticed off the bat:
>
>1) I suggest referencing our HumanML work proper within the paper, unless
>you have a specific reason not to, in addition to HPCDML, in order to
>address additional characteristics including behavior and culture--they
>relate to identity (behavior is of course the section you have at the end of
>the paper).
>
>2) There is a minor grammatical error in the wording of your first sentence,
>which you could probably rewrite.
>
>3) I have the website phdatastandards.info, which you may want to add to
>your list (representing Public Health Standards).
>
>I'll CC: a final draft to the folks at NYAM.
>
>Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga

<snip>
W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com
Email: rexb@starbourne.com