Subject: Re: [egov] [chairs] Spec/Standard Interop Demo at XML 2003

Title: Re: [egov] [chairs] Spec/Standard Interop Demo at XML
Note: I meant to copy this to the EMTC list, but had a typo in the address.

Duane,

I would suggest using the WSRP TC's spec (Web Services for Remote Portlets using WSDL and your registry tool for ebXML--this spec is heavily weighted toward UDDI, but should be tested to wider audiences) to deliver Weather Warnings/Updates using the EM TC's recommended spec: CAP (Common Alerting Protocol) which can also be used to connect USGS/NOAA and thus demonstrate usages of interest to the E-Gov TC. There's probably a lot of leg work that needs to be done, but I would be happy to put you in touch with the appropriate people if you think this is a good idea.

Ciao,
Rex

John:

Thank you.  FYI - Yellow Dragon Software will be showcasing our ebXML registry product.   We have not decided exactly what to demonstrate yet however.    I would be very interested in hearing from anyone in this group with a use case for a Registry/Repository system that uses at least one other OASIS spec or work.

Please contact Matt and myself offline.

best wishes

Duane Nickull

Yellow Dragon Software - http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com
Web Services & ebXML Messaging / Registry Downloads
Project Team Lead - UN/CEFACT eBusiness Architecture
Phone:   +1 (604) 738-1051 - Canada: Pacific Standard Time
Direct:  +1 (604) 726-3329

john.borras@e-envoy.gsi.gov.uk wrote:

If anybody wishes to take up this opportunity will they please contact Dee direct.
Thanks.
John
----- Forwarded by John Borras/e-Envoy/CabinetOffice on 14/07/2003 08:10 -----

"dee schur" <dee.schur@oasis-open.org>