Subject: Meeting Minutes: 2003.10.07

Attendance: Tracked in Kavi

NOTE: Cathy is on sabbatical.

Gary: confirmed the intent was maintained through their system. DMIS is not currently generating CAP message and displaying is done in the DHelp.gov site. He confirmed everything came across fine. Was done by a different group of contractors too. I will mark this Action Item complete.

Rob: everything looked fine from Art and Jerry's CAP test messages. I will mark this Action Item complete.

Walid: in regards to CAP, will take the feedback from both the tests and demo, and put together for the TC to evaluate. Kwasi and Eleanor as some comments they will send around by the end of the day tomorrow.

Rick: update on the transport. Current heavy into SOAP, but only because that is what people have provided. Think it is too narrow and should consider others. Rex mentions that getting NDS involved is probably the right approach. Rick agrees. Group should also look over inteview (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200309/msg00018.html) and book (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200309/msg00019.html) emails Art sent. Will stimulate your minds. Rex also mentions VoiceXML research he is doing, as well as XMLP and touching base with them in this respect.

Discussion about Liasions (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/liaison_policy.php): Tom M. mentions that having one will certainly improve our ability to communicate with them. Rex and Carl are seeing the need for this as well. Some talk about DHS trying to coordinate with groups, and ANSI is doing something in that space. Probably do not need a subcommittee, but the need is clearly starting to present itself. Rex will take initial lead here (see Action Item), and Carl said he still plans to talk to Karl B. at OASIS.

Rick: in regards to IF whitepaper (aka Requirements doc), they have received comments. Rex comments that we have some new people that may need to review. Group agrees that comments must be in by EOW.

Walid: variations and version issues around ICS forms. He comments that when you focus on just ICS 201, there is not really a variation. Rob comments that when you look at the other forms is where you see the variations. Rex says is going to hash it out more at a later time. David acknowledges that some forms do have an issues. Group decides that we will address this when/if it becomes an issue.

ICS Work In General: who will faciliating on the MSG SC? Need to have offline conversation to determine this. I will take this as an Action Item to followup with David H.

Gary: About element relationships, this is not a problem at this point - will bring up when and if there is a need for the greater TC to provide input.

Carl: discussed the feedback of symbology in group. Also looking into discussing a controled namespace as well as schemas, interfaces to access registries of symbols, etc. - all next steps. Comments due by end of week. No GIS SC call next week.

Action Items:
Walid: Coordinate CAP Feedback. Collect, in a spreadsheet, a list of comments from both the internal test (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency-msg/200308/msg00004.html) and demo (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200308/msg00007.html) be completed in week, with update by EOW. Will allow us to put the finishing touches on CAP and submit to OASIS as an offical Committee Spec.

Rex: Evaluate Liasion Needs. Help facilitate a conversation on how to do this, where it is needed, and next steps. Looking into some contacts at MIT/W3C, SBIR/NSF, and some others. Coordinate with Carl in regards to OGC.

Allen: Identify ICS SC Lead. Work with David H. and MSG SC to determine who will be faciliating things on the SC side.