Subject: CAP: Submission as Committee Spec/Draft

OASIS TC Administration --

On August 28, 2003 we notified the TC Administration
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200308/msg00036.html) of
the results of our committee's vote in regards to approving the Common
Alerting Protocol (CAP) as a Committee Specification/Draft. At that time
we asked TC Administration to hold the Specification/Draft from starting
the formal public comment period until we completed further internal
testing.

It is with great pleasure we announce that during our TC conference call
today the group agreed
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200310/msg00091.html) to
now ask the TC Administration to formally start the public comment
period, during which we will collect all comments and facilitate
resolutions. It is our intension, upon conclusion of this review, that
any necessary and "non-substantive changes" will be made to the
Specification/Draft> Once complete it will be re-approved as a Committee
Draft and then submitted to OASIS, along with all other requirements,
with a recommendation of being made an OASIS Standard.

Thank you in advance for you help, guidance, and understanding in our
work, and we look forward to seeing CAP process to the next step of the
OASIS standardization process.

Allen

--
R. Allen Wyke
Chair, OASIS Emergency Management Technical Committee