Subject: Issue #29: Updated Suggested Language

This is an amended proposal from the earlier one
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200312/msg00002.html).
As I mentioned in the 12/9 call
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200312/msg00026.html),
Eliot and I had some offline discussions to clarify. In short, we both
agreed the Data Dictionary could benefit from some simply
element-specific examples. So, you could just take the example part of
my first proposal and say:

<resource>
  <resourceDesc>Image file (GIF)</resourceDesc>
  <mimeType>image/gif</mimeType>
  <size>23456</size>
  <uri>http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/getAdvisoryImage</uri>
</resource>

That being said, we *could* just add these for <alert>, <info>,
<resource>, and <area> - the "parent" elements. If we do, then we should
do a comprehensive (include all children) example for each of these.

Allen

--
R. Allen Wyke
Chair, OASIS Emergency Management Technical Committee