Subject: RE: UOM

    <app:height uom = "#feet">500</app:height>

The message should then include a UOM definition for feet within the same data package. This is the approach we use in the OGC in GML, CRS definitions, etc. This approach is based on the OGC UOM Recommendation Paper (Bobbitt, 2002) which in turn is based on relevant ISO documents.

Cheers

Carl