Subject: Re: [emergency] CAP 1.0 Ballot Results

On Feb 5, 2004, at 2:02 PM, emergency-tc@earthlink.net wrote:

> 4. Certification by at least three OASIS member organizations: we need
> to get 3 member implementers to certify this. I am checking with Karl
> at OASIS to make sure it is "3 members" and not "3 organizations" as
> well.

I exchanged a couple of emails from Karl, and had a conversation with
Jamie C on this. They corrected my understanding, and it is in fact
"organizations" that must certify this, not members with an Individual
status. Art has already sent a certification
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200402/msg00003.html)
on behalf of PPW, so there are only two more to go. As such, 2 of the
following Member Organizations, if it is their intension, need to also
certify they are using CAP in accord with the OASIS IPR Policy:

ACS
DMI-Services
E Team
OpenGIS Consortium