Subject: Fwd: Public Alerts Solutions

Title: Fwd: Public Alerts Solutions
Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the response, since I really don't have the time to focus on this right now. Regardless, I thought I would pass this along, too. I finally got around to simply checking the website associated with this message

http://socialtech.trak.org/

I was then going to check out the sender to see if he is a lurker on the EM TC list, but OASIS timed out twice, so I guess they are doing maintenance. Anyway, on the basis of the website checking out as valid, I am passing it along...

Hmmmnnnnnn... Did you ever get the feeling that you were missing something important? I hate it when this happens.

Ciao,
Rex

Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:12:06 -0500
From: Todd Bower <toddbower@compuserve.com>
Subject: Public Alerts Solutions
Sender: Todd Bower <toddbower@compuserve.com>
To: Steven Woo <SWoo@nas.edu>, Rex Brooks <rexb@starbourne.com>
Mr. Woo & Mr. Brooks--
I have been made aware of your interest in information relating to public
emergency alert notifications to precise locations. I thought I would
provide you a high-level understanding of the Critical Reach Alert System
now being deployed that at least in significant ways addresses this issue..

First, Critical Reach is a nonprofit organization that, since 1995, has
deployed alert systems to law enforcement agencies to enable them to
quickly build and distribute bulletins to other police agencies and the
public. The solution, known as TRAK, has been deployed in over 1,400 law
enforcement agencies nationwide. The updated version of TRAK that
capitalizes on current technology has been deployed statewide in New Jersey
to a total of 550 law enforcement agencies. We are now beginning to migrate
the 1,400 users of the original technology to the updated version. As we
deploy the updated version we are changing the product name to Critical
Reach.

Critical Reach is designed for use by any authority (law enforcement,
health, OES, fire, Homeland Security, military, etc.)  responsible for
public health and safety. The system enables multiple  independent
authorities to quickly share bulletins (including from 1 to 6 images) with
each other or to precise subsets of the public infrastructure. It is
intended for use by local agencies on a daily basis across the full range
of health, safety, and criminal cases and events--Missing Persons, Wanted
Persons, Health Alerts, Amber Alerts, Terror Alerts, Environmental Alerts,
etc. Bulletin distribution can be quickly scalable from 1 to millions and
from local to county to region to state, etc.

Authority users access a shared address book of alert recipients, each of
which is carefully defined by its geography (State/County/City/Neighborhod)
and by the type of entity (Business, School, Media. Transportation Center,
Medical, Volunteer Org, etc.). Each major category has multiple
sub-categories, so Business includes Pawn Shops, Auto Body Shops, Hotels,
Malls, etc. The goal is to enable each authority, across the full range of
cases and events that they must handle, to be able to get alert information
to the precise people that need it.

Critical Reach, as part of our nonprofit mission, works carefully at the
County and local levels with authorities and trusted public volunteers to
deeply populate the shared address book and thereby create a vital public
asset. We have addresses both ends of the spectrum very effectively--a
proven and trusted technology tool for authorities that meets their user
and security requirements plus a community-based effort that delivers the
needed shared address book of recipients. The result is a single,
multi-purpose, highly flexible tool that greatly enhances community health
and safety.

We are now ramping up to extend the new technology to all current TRAK
users and to new authorities. We bring substantial private sector resources
to the table to drive down the cost of the solution for authorities.

I hope this is helpful. My full contact information is  shown below. If I
can provide further information of be of any assistance, please feel free
to contact me.

Regards,

Todd Bower, Executive Director

Critical Reach