Subject: Re: [emergency-comment] Bad Examples in CAP Spec (UPPERCASE is bad human factors)

I will start to compile a list of these public comments for the next
meeting. In the meantime, here is one out for discussion to the group.

My two cents are that while it not using caps in our examples avoids
questions, technically XML documents are only carriers of data - not
formatted data. You would use a formatting "language", which is not
CAP, of some sort to actually define how it was to be displayed to
humans if needed. In other words, all caps, no caps, mixed case, title
case, etc. does not matter technically, as no one should be using
straight CAP text to display in their applications (unless you just
need a quick and dirty implementation).

Allen