Subject: Re: [emergency] FW: [legalxml-intjustice] GJXDM subset schema exa mple and documen tation

Well put.

As a side note, I did want to comment (personally) on this one
section....

> Anyway, you might want to adjust your concepts to
> differentiate specifications and standards.  CAP
> and Global Justice are specifications for systems
> groups want to create.  NIBRS and UCR are standards
> for systems that do exist and are in widespread use.
> It isn't smart to bet the farm on a specification.
> It is smart to develop them as affordable.  I'd say
> you definitely want CAP to be part of Global Justice.

I do, IMHO, agree that this is where CAP is - its a specification.
However, and I can say this as Chair, the primary author of both the
Charter and Requirements Document, and as a CTO of a company that
targets both public safety AND business continuity as markets, this was
NOT the intention of this TC. It was to create standards - not specs.
Their are 10,000,000,000 different XML schemas out there - they are a
dime-a-dozen. We do not need more - they are hard enough to sort out.
What we need are standards - standards for doing things such as
exchanging Alert information - not just describing it.

Allen

--
R. Allen Wyke
Chair, OASIS Emergency Management TC